Monday, June 18, 2012

The New Mud Room


When we bought the house we knew the back porch would be a problem. I liked the character of the porch. I thought it was quirky and wanted to keep it. My husband  found many flaws in the old porch and wanted to demolish it and build a new one. Well... I lost the argument and I'm glad I did!




My father was the one who got a friend to pull the old porch off with a front-end loader. I thought it would take us a week to tear it down... It is good to have friends with heavy equipment!



My father framed the porch and my husband and I put the roof on.
 I REALLY do not like heights.


We got half the roof covered with roofing felt before the rain started. We had to cover the other half with a tarp until the next weekend when we could continue working.



The Beautiful Gable Window was a gift from Cousin Leigh. Thank You Leigh!



The next part of the adventure will be the wraparound porch... 

To Be Continued!

I will be linking up at:
 Between Naps on the porch @Metamorphosis Monday 
Debbiedoo's: Newbie Party
Kathe With an E : You're Gonna Love It Tuesday


Thank you for visiting with us and Have a wonderful day!






8 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    I am so happy for you two! Can't wait to see it all!!!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Where is the house located? My husband and I too harbor fantasies of moving out of LA suburbs and purchasing something in the country. Enjoy your blog. Have a great summer. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure! Looking forward to watching it all come together...
    gena

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW girl this is fantastic! How exciting. Looks great and I thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I would give for a good mud room. Looks like it will be a large one! Can't wait to see the next stage!
    Saw you at Debbiedoo's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you took on a big project, good job!!
    I'm a new follower!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I can't wait to see your progress. I would love to move to country!
    Katie-Let's Add Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb,
    I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Yes, I did!!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete