Monday, June 11, 2012

My First Garden at the Farm

OK... So, it has been a while since I posted anything from the farm. Well, we have accomplished a lot of things since my last posting. We started a garden and it is looking great. We demolished the back porch and rebuilt it (More on that in my next post). And, we cleared more land next to the house to give us a better view.

So let’s talk about the garden...

I had grand plans for a garden when we bought the property. And a grand plan usually equals lots of hard work. This is no exception. Trying to decide how much garden to plant was a challenge. We had to remove an old tree and its stump because it was located where I wanted to plant my corn.

I have never had a garden this big.  I had lots of things I wanted to try growing. So, I thought I would just try them all.

 I planted:  Green Beans, Lima beans, Speckled Butter Beans, Crowder Peas, Okra, Corn, Cabbage, Tomatoes, Potatoes and Cantaloupe.





Anyhow, I planted the garden and let
God do the rest.

I am linking up at:   Cozy Home Scenes: Your Cozy Home Party
Savvy Southern Style:   Wow Us Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    This is so wonderful! Ican't wait until we can this year!!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your crops well! You are lucky to have Gracie Lou as a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you and God are a good team because your garden looks great. I would love to have a garden again but that is not possible where we live now. Your garden area reminds me of the place where we had 7 acres of land and grew lots of vegetables. Looks like you will have plenty of good fresh food before you know it. Gracie Lou looks like a sweetheart! Thank you for coming to Your Cozy Home Party. I love seeing all the interesting things everyone shows. Have a great week!-------------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks great and your cat looks cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete