Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?




It has been hot here in the South (Very Hot) and I did not think my garden would survive.  With temperatures around 108 degrees and no rain for several weeks. I thought my experiment with a full sized garden was doomed to failure. But, God is good and the heatwave broke. The rains returned and the garden began to flourish once again.
 
Since I am new to this type of gardening I didn't know really what to expect. I have not used any pesticides. (If the bugs won't eat it. Why should you?) Also, only the corn had fertilizer added to help it along.






 


 It is amazing how the corn is standing. We had a thunderstorm several weeks ago and half of the corn was laid over on the ground. Now look at it! It stood back up!!

Now that everything is growing so well.
The next question is ...When Do I Harvest?  I do know when to harvest some things like Okra. But, the Lima Beans, Speckled Butter Beans and Crowder Peas are all new to me. 


Thank You for Stopping By and Visiting Our Little  Garden Behind My Ugly Farm House.


I will be Linking Up at:
Kathe With An E : You're Gonna Love It Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    Your garden (back 40)is beautiful!! You inspire me!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are ambitious to plant such a large garden. Everything looks wonderful. Good luck learning the harvesting techniques.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete