Monday, January 23, 2012

Update

It has been a while since I last posted. I will try to get better at posting weekly.

So, for the last month we have been very busy and house is beginning to take shape.

The two-story section which we called the "Box", (Because it is just a square box addition to the original house) has been one of the most worrisome part of the project.

To begin with, we wanted to remove the stairs and make them wider. Also, the second floor was actually two different levels. One level was much taller than the other. We had raise one side and lower the other to make it work.

We utilized my father's 50 plus years of experience in construction to make this happen. Actually, with out my father help this house would be a big pile of kindling at this point. Thanks Dad!! I can not forget to thank my husband and son for all their hard work.

Anyhow, below you will see the progression of this part of the renovation adventure.























We have not quite finished stabilizing the second floor but it is much better than it was to begin with.

1 comment: